DepMap don't have cell line data for HEK-293?

Dear Team,

I noticed that the DepMap database seems to be missing cell line data for the widely used HEK-293 cell line. This cell line is quite well-known and commonly employed in various research studies, so its absence from the DepMap database is somewhat surprising. I am curious to understand the rationale behind excluding this particular cell line from the dataset. Could someone shed some light on the reasons for this omission?

Thank you for your insights.

Best regards,

Shicheng

Hi Shicheng,

To my knowledge, we didn’t intentionally exclude this cell line. In fact, it had just been sequenced very recently and the omics data should become publicly available in the next year or so. Please stay tuned!

Thank you!
Simone

1 Like

Thank you Simz for the update which is really helpful!!

Shicheng

Hi Simz,

Do we have a list for the cell lines which are now and under development? It will be pretty helpful for the community.

Shicheng

Hi Shicheng,

Unfortunately, as far as I know, we don’t have plans to share that at the moment, because failures can happen at various stages of data generation and processing and we can’t be certain if/when certain cell lines can be released until the very end sometimes.

Thanks,
Simone