PRISM Repurposing Primary Screen 19Q4

Hi! I am trying to look for the time frame of drug treatment for this assay. Does anyone know the length of treatment for the compound on the cell lines? Side question: do we know why there isn’t a compound effect on gene expression? Thank you!

Hi Tom,

The cells in this assay were treated for 5 days (120H) after thawing them. I am not sure what you are referring as the “effect on gene expression” but I believe most of the active compounds in this dataset would cause substantial transcriptional changes for the active cell lines. Unfortunately, PRISM is only a viability assay and we do not have any available data that measures the differential expression levels post treatment.

Warmly,
Mustafa

1 Like

Thank you, Mustafa! Do you know any more about the treatment? How many treatments and how periodical were the treatments in the 5 days? You wouldn’t happen to know anything about the concentrations either potentially?

Many thanks,
Tom.

Hi Tom,

The treatment was just once at the beginning of the assay and there were not any other treatment or media changes for the assay duration. The main findings from this dataset and the assay details are published in early 2020 here: Discovering the anticancer potential of non-oncology drugs by systematic viability profiling | Nature Cancer

Warmly,
Mustafa

1 Like