Predictability - direction of effect

Hi, I apologise for this basic question about the predictability tab data.
The description say “predictability tab provides information on which particular features were most important for predicting the cell lines’ viability response to a given perturbation” . It’s not clear to me if the viability response is survival or the opposite.
If you see a strong positive correlation of expression of gene Y in response to the perturbation (let’s say a knock out of gene X), it means that high expression of Y is liley to result in survival to knocking out of gene X ? Thank you for your time !

That’s right - positive correlation means there is more proliferation (or less dying) of cells when X is knocked out if they have high expression of Y.

That said, feature importance is not directional, and only indicates if the feature is important for predicting response to the knockout.

@qgueranger , I am new to the platform and for the depmap. So if correlate each gene mRNA level with the CIRSPR-Chronos across the give cancer cell line, I would get the the predication(correlation) value? Is that the one i see in the Predictability tab?
https://depmap.org/portal/gene/SOX10?tab=overview

Best,
Amare