CRISPR KO the gene of interests

if the gene of my interest is knockout in cell lines in CRISPR and on the gene effect (Chronos)was zero or positive 0.1 or 0.2 in this case is the cell survive or die? please need an answer.

Hello,

I think I answered this elsewhere, but for others that might be interested in the answer, I’ll paste my answer here as well:

The shortest explanation we have for gene effect is on the “Dependent Cell Lines” tile:

In other words, 0.1 or 0.2 means the knock-out did not appear to cause any killing. That score is close to zero, suggesting behavior similar to knocking out other known non-essential genes. Even more so, it’s positive. Only negative scores suggest that there was a decrease to cell viability.

Positive numbers such as 0.1 or 0.2 suggests enhanced survival, but it also could just be noise because they are close to zero.

For example, knocking out tumor suppressors tend to have positive scores. For example knocking out TP53:

(It’s probably worth noting that many lines show no effect when knocking out TP53 but that’s likely because these are all cancer lines where many of them already have TP53 already deactivated)

Thanks,
Phil