Cell line - SS1A

Could someone help with the cell line “SS1A” , It is listed as sarcoma without a subset, it has synovial sarcoma dependencies (SS18, etc) and, of course, it is named SS1A. Yet it not categorized as synovial. I cannot find any information on this cell line outside of this. Could anyone shed some light on whether this is a synovial line or where it came from, etc. thanks!

Hello,

Looking at the cell line page for this line ( SS1A DepMap Cell Line Summary )

I see that it is not listed as part of the Achilles RNAi dataset (which is the RNAi data generated at the Broad), but shows up as part of the DRIVE dataset which was generated by Novartis.

I suspect this is a line that we’ve never had in-house and we don’t have any additional information about this line beyond what we imported from the data released with the DRIVE paper ( Project DRIVE: A Compendium of Cancer Dependencies and Synthetic Lethal Relationships Uncovered by Large-Scale, Deep RNAi Screening - PubMed ) All I can suggest is to look at that paper there for more information, or potentially reaching out to the authors of that paper for more information.

Thanks,
Phil