Custom Download

Hi DepMap,

I am trying to download several datasets for 2 genes via the custom download, but the download button is greyed out/non responsive. Is there a problem with the system or just me having this problem?

Thanks for all your great work on this site.

Hello,

We haven’t been able to reproduce this issue using a few different browsers. What browser are you using?

If possible, perhaps adding a screenshot might reveal something that might give us a clue of what’s going wrong.

Thanks,
Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks very much for your response.

I am using Chrome on a Mac.

The problem seems to be specifically when I try to add a custom list of genes, as you will see from the contrast of the “Download Files” in the two attached screen shots.

Perhaps there is something missing from my entry or the gene list is not properly formatted…… I can’t figure out what the issue is, so will appreciate your advice.

Thank you!

Karen

I see. I’m still not able to reproduce but there’s definitely something not working in your screenshot. As you type the list of genes, there should be a box under where you’re typing confirming that it recognizes those gene symbols, and that is missing in your screenshot.

If you don’t change anything on the form, but just select “Use custom gene/compound list” and start typing, does anything show up below the box?

Also, if you try it in an incognito browser session, do you see the same or different behavior?

Thanks,
Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks very much for looking at this and sending your screen shot. It helps to know what the portal should look like.

I tried the same custom download on a different Mac and two different browsers and it worked just as you have shown. I then went back to my original Mac and same browser that I had a problem with, and it also worked there! So problem magically solved itself, although I really don’t understand how or why. THe only difference is that I am working at home, atm, whereas the problem occurred when my laptop was networked at my work place.

I’ll try again when I am next at my work office to see if I can replicate the issue. I’ll let you know if the problem returns. Otherwise if you don’t hear from me, assume that all is well.

Thank you again!

Regards

Karen

Hi Phil,

Circling back on this strange issue, which seems to reproducibly and only occur when I have my lap top plugged into my work place network.

I have no problem if I unplug from the ethernet and use WIFI.

I will put this problem on my local help desk, but any suggestions that I could relay would be much appreciated.

Regards

Karen