Bad access in China

I’ve used DepMap portal extensively in US, but since I came back to China, I found that the portal’s most functionalities are unaccessible in China. The portal doesn’t seem to be blocked by the Chinese government per se. It’s likely that something else underlying the portal is blocked, e.g. GitHub, if any, which is unaccessible in China. It would be great that everything in DepMap portal can be completely accessible in China.

Interesting. I’ll need to investigate if there’s a way that I can simulate accessing it from China, because it’s hard for me to guess what we rely on that might be blocked.

I don’t have enough information yet to even guess at a timeline, but I’ll put it into the dev queue to investigate and we’ll update here with what we learn.

Thanks,
Phil

I suspect that the issue is that we do use some public CDNs for javascript libraries and those CDNs may be blocked in China. We’ll need to change how we load those libraries, which in theory, shouldn’t be a big change.

I’m going to put this into the queue, but we have a pretty deep backlog of other development to do.

Regardless, thank you for letting us know about this. I had no idea that this was an issue.

Thanks,
Phil