Unable to search anything in the search box

A user report

Generally when a gene/compound name typed, the corresponding gene/compound will be listed in the search box. However, recently I was unable to search anything in the search box, anyone could help me out?

many thanks.

Hello @jlwu1991,

I tried to check this issue but it was working for me. Can you try it again and confirm that it is reproducible. If you are still having this issue, can you post some more details like your OS and Browser versions

Thank you @aborah, Actually I have tried Microsoft edge (version 85.0.564.51) and chrome browser (version 85.0.4183.121), neither work! My OS version is Windows 10 professional (version 2004).

I am having the same problem. When I type braf nothing happens. The browser just sits there without producing suggested genes.

I’ve tried chrome, edge, and firefox and also upgraded from Windows 10 to Window 11,

I’m unable to reproduce this. Based on the styling of the drop down in the screenshot, I suspect an error has occurred while setting up the page. Unfortunately, I’m unable to recreated it on my machine.

If possible, I’d like some more information from your browser. Would it be possible to share a screenshot of your browser’s console?

(To view the browser console, in Chrome, press Option + ⌘ + J (on macOS), or Shift + CTRL + J (on Windows/Linux). a window should pop up that looks like

…except in your case, I’m suspecting there may be an error, which would appear as red text in this box.)

That would be very helpful to diagnose this problem.

I also have the same issue.
It was not happened 2 years ago, but it suddenly happened last year.
I hope the error massage can help.

For update, I have no idea what was happened, but it fixed.
I can search everything as normal. Thank you.

we have the same issue, can’t search anything, tried different browers and also IOS and windows and nothing worked. Do you have any suggestions?