DNA/RNA or other forms of bio samples available?

Hello,

I wonder if cell lines or extracted DNA/RNA from CCLE/DepMap are commercially available.

Thank you,
Sangmoon

Hello,

Many of the cell lines profiled in the DepMap collection are available from commercial sources. If you download the sample_info.csv file, you can look at the “source” column to find where we obtained the line. Often this was a commercial source such as ATCC, although some lines came from academic collaborators.

Thanks,
Phil

Thank you! I already checked the file. I think my question was not clear enough. Does ‘DepMap’ sell the DNA/RNA? Or you don’t sell any DNA/RNA/Cell line yourself, but the data and service?
Best,
Sangmoon

DepMap only runs assays (CRISPR screens, DNA and RNA sequencing, etc) on cell lines and shares the resulting data.

We don’t sell or otherwise distribute cell lines or other physical materials. If anyone is interested in obtaining physical material, we recommend they contact the original source of the cell line.

DepMap also doesn’t directly sell any data or services, but rather is funded through a consortium where partners get early access to data and access to additional capabilities that are used within the DepMap project.

Thanks,
Phil