Two Class Comparison malfunction

Hello

Ever since the new version(21q1), the two class comparison on the Data Explorer tool does not seem to work. After entering the desired analysis and receiving the analysis output, I am unable to navigate through the different genes(in case of gene expression analysis).

Every time I attempt to view different gene and its plot, the page gets stuck and I receive the following message:
"Page Unresponsive
You can wait for it to become or exit the page
Depmap Data Explorer "

The Data Explorer tool worked perfectly fine for me because the 21q1 update. I am from using Google Chrome on Windows 10.

Thanks in advance,
Gil

Did you increase the number of genes being displayed / listed? I find that when I increase that number the page does slow down quite a bit, especially when I set it to ~20,000

Hi Gil,

Thanks for letting us know! Does this happen for any analysis you run, or only a specific one?

Josephine

Hi Josephine

This happens in all the types of analyses I run (verified with gene expression, protein expression and CRISPR Avana). The moment I change the default 1,000 genes on the table to 10,000 or more, it gets stuck.

Thanks for the reply,
Gil

Thank you, that’s helpful.

Stepping back from this specific problem, I’d also like to understand a little about how you use this tool. I had imagined people were only interested in the top of the list, and had thought 1k would be plenty, but if you’re increasing the number of points to 10k, that suggests you probably want all the results.

Are you doing this so that you can download the full table? Or look up the rank of a specific feature in the full list? Or some other reason?

Thanks,
Phil

2 Likes

I believe I’ve found the source of the regression which requires a relatively small change to fix.

I think the fix should be deployed tomorrow.

Thanks,
Phil

2 Likes

A fix for this has been deployed. The UI definitely slows down some with >1k points shown in the plot, however, I believe it should be usable now. (Rather than causes the browser to become non-responsible as it was before)

Thanks,
Phil

2 Likes

It works well now, thank you.

To your earlier question, I’m downloading the full tables for various analyses. Sometimes I choose to take the top percentages of a given table, sometimes a subset of the table(e.g. genes that are located on chromosome 7).

Thanks for the great support,
Gil

1 Like

I also download the full table for follow up analysis - for example, I’ll run through GSEA